Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Catching Up

It's been quite some time since I've posted anything.  A lot has happened since my last update.  In November our daughter Michelle lost her battle with graft vs. host after her organ transplant.  Although the holidays were quite busy for us this year there was an emptiness and some sadness not having her with us.  I have never seen a person suffer as she did and I know she is in a better place now.  My heart breaks for her husband and children.  Sometimes God has other plans we just don't understand.  This is one of those times.

                                         Michelle & Chris on a good day before her transplant

On another note, Zachary Conner Hannah was born Oct. 7, 2013.  He weighed in at 4 pounds and 4 ounces.  He was 8 weeks early but never had to have any help with his breathing and spent a couple weeks in the NICU before he was able to take all his feedings by bottle and come home.  He has since caught up and is doing great.  His momma gave us quite a scare with pre-eclempsya which after the emergency c-section went to full blown eclempsya , seizures and all.  Momma has since recovered and is doing well.

                                           Zach at birth & in the NICU with his punkin hat
                                                 Zachary at 3 1/2 months old - Thriving!!!

The holidays were jam packed this year - we celebrated 5 different times since we couldn't get everyone all together at once this year.

                                              We finally got to meet Roger, Laura's fiance'

                                                             Laura, Roger & Dalton

                                                           Chris, Mallory & Regan

                                                                  Dad & Mom

                                                            Jack, Amber & Baby Girl
                                                  we missed Colton - he was with his mom

                                                         Sarah, Robbie & Little Jack

                                                               Jessi, TJ & Zachary

                                                      Jonathan, Carla, Doyle & Chris
                                                         Mallory, Casey & Dalton
                                                        Dalton, Roger, Regan & Tara
           I missed a few pics from the Knowles family gathering :(  but we had a great time together :D

We are expecting another grandson at the end of April (that will make 8 grand-kids!) and right now his big brother Jack is visiting for a week.  Jack is 3.  I forgot how it was to have a 3 yr. old.  It is a lot like making a milkshake in the blender on high speed with the lid off!  He has a great disposition and quite the imagination and truly is a joy, so I guess the only problem is that this granny got old and slow.  He is wearing dear husband and I out, but I wouldn't trade this time with him for anything.  I think it would be great for granny to get a nap though!

This is what the house looks like when he comes for a visit:



 When he was here for Thanksgiving we made homemade donuts and we had a blast!



My mom's health is another concern as she hasn't been doing well and has many different health issues.  It is hard to imagine my parents any different than when I was in my teens and they were much younger than they really are.  Every now and then I realize they aren't young anymore and it's kind of hard to wrap my head around.  Sometimes reality really does suck.

We've been attending a few auctions when we can squeeze it in between crisis and family.  We are really enjoying it.  I've done several cakes since my last cake post and I've been crocheting infinity scarves and cotton dish cloths.  Staying as busy as I can for sanity's sake but it is really taking a toll on the arthritis in the hands (and a touch of carpal tunnel I think).  Anyway... we went to the auction on our Anniversary:

                                                                      13 years!

There have been lots of other things that have happened over the months since my last post of course... I've only touched the highlights.  I must say that even though 2013 had many good things, I'm not sorry to have it over with.  We are praying for a better year this year and hope there will not be any losses in 2014.  Losing 3 family members in less than 18 months takes a toll.  God is good all the time though and we will carry on.

And last but not least...  Here is the cake update:

                                                  Mallory's 11th Birthday Cake

                                    Birthday cake for my parents - their days are close together

                                                        For Zachary's baby shower

                                                           Thanksgiving 2013

                                                         Coconut cake for a friend

                                                        Sweet 16 cake for Regan

                                                 Shower cake for Sarah & Robbie's baby

 So, that's it for now... back to doing what I do & stuff! 






No comments:

Post a Comment